[RFI] Ferrite Question...

Al K0VM via RFI rfi at contesting.com
Fri Jun 20 17:52:37 EDT 2014

If there is rf on the outside of the feed line then the feedline is a
part of the antenna SYSTEM and a part of the impedance presented to the
radio.  If there is rf on the feedline then adding a ferrite snapped on
around the feedline will change antenna SYSTEM and thus the impedance
presented to the radio.  The change may or may not be beneficial to the
radio and/or radiation efficiency.

If the feed line is not a part of the antenna system ( no currents on
the outside of the feed line ) then other things are more predictable.

AL, K0VM