[RFI] Subject: Re: Recommended Handheld VHF-UHF Yagi?

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Sun Jun 22 17:57:08 EDT 2014

Or... another possibility, though single-frequency, is a Moxon.  There
was an article in QST around 2001 for a 136-mhz receiver cum Moxon
antenna unit specifically for RFI hunting.  The beauty of the Moxon is
that it has a deep narrow null in the reverse direction, so you can turn
the antenna around and pinpoint the source quite precisely.  I use a
homebrew one with a cheap Icom handi that has AM reception on the
aircraft band. Works pretty well, even if it *is* ugly.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.