[RFI] Dealing with multiple Utilities

Phil Snyder n9lah at comcast.net
Mon Jun 23 20:08:06 EDT 2014

Hi folks. I have been dealing with powerline RFI for a couple of years
now. The gentleman who works for the power company and chases RFI is a
local ham and has been trying to locate and get the problem fixed. He is
retiring at the end of the week. I admittedly have been lax in my record
keeping as he was very approachable and seemed to be trying to find the
source. Now with him retiring I m going to file a new noise complaint.
The person replacing him is familiar with the problem so all is not lost.

My question though is that in the direction of the worst noise is my
power company for a couple blocks then the rural electric co-op. I have
been dealing with my company all along and wonder if it is my
responsibility to contact the co-op or should that be the job of my
local provider after they have eliminated there equipment?

Our Village is only 1.19 square miles and we actually have a 3rd
electrical utility to the North ( I live at the extreme South end of
town) but don't have any, serious, noise issues that direction.

Thanks
Phil
N9LAH