[RFI] ARRL to FCC...

EDWARDS, EDDIE J eedwards at oppd.com
Fri Mar 21 08:29:17 EDT 2014

Using this logic, we should never have to call the fire department when our house catches fire because we aren't firemen.  The FD should have inspected every wire or possible fire hazard before we moved into our house.  Really?  Well, even if we could afford to have FD inspections at that level (I know, I know.  We already have electrical inspectors-but that does NOT look at everything that might catch fire either, and we are talking about a government employee doing his/her job, right?), houses will still catch on fire for various reasons such as equipment failures or poorly performed inspections.

Given the reality that the FCC will never change the regs to make everyone happy since that's not even possible, you have only two choices: either send documented complaints to the FCC to report the interference problem, or continue to leave the FCC to believe you do not have an interference problem just as the manufacturer claims.  The fewer complaints the FCC gets, the less likely they will be to do anything about the problem.  It's our choice to either do something ourselves, or let the government do everything for us.  And how's that working for you so far?

73, de ed -K0iL