[RFI] Noise cancellers....

donovanf at starpower.net donovanf at starpower.net
Sun Mar 23 12:32:00 EDT 2014

Pat, Dave and Dale,

Small bidirectional loop antennas such as the Pixel "magnetic" loop
are very effective at placing a deep null on a single vertically polarized,
ground wave propagated RFI source. They cannot null RFI from
multiple directions, nor can they null horizontally polarized RFI.
They have little to no useful directivity for ionospherically propagated
signals .

Antennas with high RDF, such as a relatively small 4-square receiving
array (65 feet on a side on 160 meters), are very effective for
reducing RFI from multiple directions and they also have excellent
directivity for ionospherically propagated signals.

73
Frank
W3LPL