[RFI] ARRL to FCC...

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Mar 25 14:27:18 EDT 2014

On 3/25/2014 11:04 AM, Hare, Ed W1RFI wrote:
> The ARRL Lab can measure conducted noise and radiated noise from devices, but we really need to start with actual, non-general reports.

How about going to vendors like Costco, poking around with a talkie, and
buying one that appears noisy? Then either sell the test sample if it's
clean like any other product you would test, or return it as defective
if it's dirty. Costco is well known for its liberal return policy, and
might even respond to the League's comments. From where I sit, it's
dirty products the big box stores are selling that cause the greatest
problems.

73, Jim K9YC