[RFI] ARRL to FCC...

Hare, Ed W1RFI w1rfi at arrl.org
Tue Mar 25 14:31:27 EDT 2014

Thanks, Dale.

We can then see if the TV is still in production.  If it is no longer manufacturered, it may be a harmful interference complaint, not a possible emissions-limit violation.

The ARRL Lab would also be willing to provide a few filters to try, if your neighbor is willing to work with you.  Some have speculated that the noise comes directly from the TV, and this could be true, but I still tend to think in terms of noise coming out the AC mains and possibly also being radiated by the shield of the incoming coaxial feed line.