[RFI] Thumper & not the rabbit

Michael Coslo mjc5 at psu.edu
Sat Mar 29 13:19:51 EDT 2014

On Mar 29, 2014, at 12:28 PM, Gary Smith <Gary at ka1j.com> wrote:

> Intermittent anything is hard enough to diagnose but something needs
> addressed. Any thoughts on what I might look at first before I start
> digging in?

Be careful - there are probably drug dealers in your basement!

All kidding aside, You have some RF in the shack. You’ve mitigated a lot of it, but you are on the right path.

You probably have some RF getting in through the thermostat. I’ve seen a lot that just have a couple of wires and no shielding on them. Ferrite’s at the furnace on the t-stat wires might help. Otherwise, just possibly getting in through the power line to the igniter transformer, but my money is on the T-stat lines.

	- 73 Mike N3LI -