[RFI] ARRL to FCC...

Hare, Ed W1RFI w1rfi at arrl.org
Mon Mar 31 15:13:12 EDT 2014

I used one of the wayback sites to look to see if Hydrofarm had the product available recently. I didn't find it on their site going back a couple of months, so they may have discontinued being the distributor some time ago.

Other lighting controllers are equally noisy, but I think it is best to let this complaint proceed a bit with the FCC.

 The older analog ones seem to be quiet enough, but they are less efficient, so more costly to run.   The users of these products are reportedly somewhat concerned that they identify to law enforcement and thieves that there is a valuable cash crop available in the house.  With some crops, when the timers are switched to 12-hour cycles, it is even easy to tell that the crop is nearly ready for harvest.

Ed