[RFI] Handheld HF direction finder

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon May 19 11:49:56 EDT 2014

On 5/18/2014 2:50 PM, Rich Hallman - N7TR wrote:
> I need to track down a broadcast station mixing problem, and seem to be close to the source I think but unable to nail the location.

As others have suggested, use the null of a rotatable loop. But also
consider the possibility that the mix is happening in one of the
transmitters involved in the mix. That does sometimes happen. To pursue
that, contact the engineer for the stations involved.

Mixes like this can be very difficult to track down. In Chicago, I had
intermittent low level 160 mixes from clear channel stations 20 miles
away that I never did find.

73, Jim K9YC