[RFI] RFI location finders

qrv at kd4e.com qrv at kd4e.com
Mon May 26 18:37:36 EDT 2014

I have a little radio that I bought from a Ham in England.

Model: UT-DM9010 10 Bands AM/FM/SW

Amazingly sensitive & sorta bi-directional on AM & SW
using the internal ferrite-bar antenna.

It worked to trace the mostly-HF RFI from the local power poles.

It may have been possible to track using VHF or UHF but as noted
that requires AM on those bands & I had this little radio handy.
(I never noticed nor tried to detect VHF/UHF noise.)

I suppose the VHF weather band on a cheap Chinese HT is AM as is,
I believe, the Aircraft band - but nothing AM on 440 (unless
there is a mod).

BTW: This is one of those little radios that Hams converted for
use as frequency counters & other gadgets - I think they stopped
making them several years ago.

David KD4E

--

David Colburn, KD4E - Nevils, Georgia USA

Safe & Secure Search Engine: duckduckgo.com