[RFI] Another Grow Light

Tom Thompson w0ivj at tomthompson.com
Sun Nov 9 16:08:06 EST 2014

I noticed my 40m noise floor had increased slightly, and since it was a
nice day, I went out with my loop and noise receiver to see if I could
find it.  I had it located in about five minutes, when the neighbor
across the street, who I know and have installed filters for his
ballasts, came out and started talking.  I was sure I had the house
located properly, so I knocked on the door, explained the situation, and
offered them a filter.  My friend vouched for me and assured the guy
that I was on the level.  The grower would not admit to anything so we
left.  My friend questioned whether or not I had the correct house.
When I moved to a new location to show him, the RFI suddenly
disappeared.  My friend commented that I must have scared them.  We will
see if the RFI stays off.

Tom   W0IVJ