[RFI] Switchers ...

Peter Laws plaws0 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 22:56:51 EST 2014

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 9:36 PM, Roger (K8RI) <k8ri at rogerhalstead.com> wrote:

> That document covers many things from noise suppression to baluns.  On
> 11/14/2014 10:21 PM, Peter Laws wrote:
>
> It's a PDF and a very good one.  Just type in a relevant phrase, or word and
> you'll be there.  Start with RFI, or switching power supplies. That's where
> I'd start, but the whole thing is a good read, full of useful information.
>
> I have the ARRL handbook, Antenna handbook, periodicals.  It's so easy to
> find things in this format all I have to do is bring up the document of
> interest, type what I want, and read.  It's not like lugging 15 to 20 pounds
> of books and stacks of magazines, going through indexes and sorting
> articles.

Go ahead.  Type my question into Acrobat:

What is the best, generic solution for a wall wart or other switcher
that is spewing trash from 500 kHz to 30000 kHz?

OBVIOUSLY, that doesn't bring anything up.

I have all those books and I have read about half of the PDF cited,
but none of that answers my question.

When someone asks "I've got one of those stupid switching supplies and
it puts hash everywhere - what do I do?" (and for whatever reason,
they can't replace it with a transformer), what is the answer?