[RFI] Switchers ...

Jeff AC0C keepwalking188 at ac0c.com
Sat Nov 15 01:46:45 EST 2014

Your question is far too non-specific to have merit.  The generic answer to
"what do you replace a noisy switer with" - is a linear supply.

It's too heavy.  It's too inefficient.  It's too big.  Well, that' gets you
into a more nuanced question - and the answers are more nuanced.

Switching power supplies, properly designed, can be RFI quiet.  And a noisy
PS can be quieted down for the most part but it may take serious work,
serious money and serious time.

There are a lot of variables in the subject.  Which is part of the reason
Jim's document is big.  If you want an easy answer, buy a linear PS for
every switcher that gives you problems.  In the same way that a Chevette
will let you drive from NYC to LA, it will do the job although you may not
like the ride.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie