[RFI] Power conditioners / regenerators

Ray, W4BYG w4byg at att.net
Sat Oct 18 13:59:30 EDT 2014

I accomplish the same thing by running my station on a 2 KVA Staco
double conversion, sine wave output, power corrected, UPS.  They or
online full time.  The AC output is fully isolated from the incoming
house power.  The house power only keeps the batteries charged.  They
are available used in good condition for sale at reasonable prices online.

The company I recently retired from has some 3 KVA Staco units for sale
at good prices, with good recent batteries.

Ray, W4BYG

On 10/18/2014 1:43 PM, Gary Smith wrote:
> I have been reading on several audiophile forums about "regenerators"
> that take the line AC, convert it to DC, filter it and recreate AC
> with a "perfect" AC minus interference originally coming in on the
> line. Some of these are a few hundred dollars on fleabay, and over
> the price of a fully loaded new K3 when new.
>
> Here's one company's ad which seems to bring up all the touted
> benefits:
> http://www.purepoweraps.com/Top5.htm
> I use that one because they provided examples and graphs.
>
> I'm not going to be spotting that large money for my stereo or rig
> but I'm wondering if there is some benefit to running everything in
> the shack except for the amplifier from such a source?
>
> 73,
>
> Gary, KA1J
>
> ---

Ironic:
The food stamp program, part of the Department of Agriculture, is pleased to be distributing the greatest amount of food stamps ever.
Meanwhile, the Park Service, also part of the Department of Agriculture, asks us to "please do not feed the animals" because the
animals may grow dependent and not learn to take care of themselves...  (Think about that).