[RFI] Compass Vectors

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Tue Dec 1 02:18:15 EST 2015

Select your area with as much resolution as possible.
Drive to a location, take a bearing.  using the Google distance ruler,
draw a line through your point.  Drive to another point and repeat.  Two
bearings are often sufficient, but three leave a small diamond for the
region of error.  Much easier to do than explain, although there is a
learning curve.

It gets messy with RFI hunting when there are multiple sources, with
overlapping and similar patterns as in multiple networks or an area
where there are a mix og cable and outside antenna and the users just
wired the preamps and cable together.  This sometimes can lead to a much
larger region of error.

73 es good luck

Roger  (K8RI)