[RFI] Compass Vectors

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Tue Dec 1 20:01:28 EST 2015

To complicate things, the guy who built this house used the "that looks
about right" method resulting in the N end of the house being 10 feet
farther from the road than the S end.  Of course the compass declination
is off about -6 deg in the other direction, making my true North seeking
Owl about 30 degrees off.  The discrepancy is quite visible on Google Earth.

OTOH when I started flying  the declination was +5 deg (give or take)
In the upper peninsula the declination can change 30 deg or more in just
a few miles.

73

Roger  (K8RI)