[RFI] RFI hunting on 160: TH-F6a?

Frank N. Haas KB4T utility.rfi.pro at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 20:23:45 EST 2015

I too read the PL880 article in QST. That receiver does not cover the Air
Band which the 660 does. In searching for buzzing sources, especially power
line sources rich in harmonics, having an AM MODE VHF receiver with good
ears comes in real handy for pinpointing the source building, structure,
pole, etc. A directional antenna can be connected to the 660 making it a
FAR SUPERIOR and much more versatile choice to the MFJ RFI Locator.

I maintain that the PL-660SLV is the best price/performance choice for
"cheap & dirty" general purpose RFI searching.

73,

Frank N. Haas KB4T
Utility Interference Investigator
Florida