[RFI] Grundig G3 vs Tecsun PL-660

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Jan 11 23:53:34 EST 2015

On Sun,1/11/2015 2:49 PM, dalej wrote:
> I got the 660 and it's very good SW rx plus a good portable noise finder.  I highly recommend it.  Price is right too.

The primary virtue of the Tecsun radios is that they use modern DSP
techniques, many of the same used by ham mfrs.  The PL380 is a very good
$50 radio, the PL660 and PL880 are very good $150 radios. I own both
PL380 and PL660. I'd guess (by careful listening) that the 660 has 3-6
dB better sensitivity than the 380.  I know nothing about the Grundig
model, or even about Grundig in general. The NAME has been around for
many years, but names are bought and sold. Contemporary RCA products are
pretty low quality -- that name was sold when the real RCA was folded.
Ditto for AT&T and Altec. The only connection between new and old is
MONEY. :)

73, Jim K9YC