[RFI] RF getting into 4-port wirelss router.

KD7JYK DM09 kd7jyk at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 12 23:49:17 EST 2015

:I suppose if you're an expert at everything, there's no reason to try to
: help.

Well, not on RFI since the OM asked for help...  I would start by making
chokes out of all wires entering the device.  Wrap a half-dozen turns around
your hand in a loop four to five inches across and secure with plastic ties.
See what happens, try a few more or few less turns if the problem persists.

I did this with a monitor that eliminated all radio usage 135' from the
antenna.  When I was done, RFI was limited to roughly three inches.  I used
spectrum analysis software as I wound my chokes and monitored the RFI with
my primary radio and could see it disappear on the monitor and audibly as I
made the loops.  Simple, effective, free, been in use about seven years now.

Kurt