[RFI] SDR, Software Defined Radio?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Jun 18 13:17:04 EDT 2015

I've not had a radio of the sort you describe, but I do own a K3 with P3
that allows me to do that with a max bandwidth of 200 kHz centered
anywhere it can tune. It has I/O for transverters, and I have one for 2M.

I DO find it quite helpful in identifying the generic type of noise that
I hear - that is, arcing, or electronic, computer clock or free-running
device like a SMPS. There's no doubt in my mind that a SDR with
broadband display capability and good adjustability of sweep width would
also be quite useful if it, and the computer used with it, were
sufficiently portable and free of noise itself.

73, Jim K9YC