[RFI] WISP hub home

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Mar 15 12:33:21 EDT 2015

On Sun,3/15/2015 8:43 AM, EZ Rhino wrote:
> Does anyone know if this system is going to cause interference at HF frequencies?

It's pretty common for gear like that to generate trash in the HF
spectrum -- both internal electronics and the switch-mode power supplies
that almost everything uses.  I would make it a condition of anything
you sign that their equipment will not generate that noise at a level
that you can hear.

> Currently I have birdies up and down the band every 30-40kHz from my current provider.

That's something that you need to get them to fix.  You're probably
paying them enough for their "service." :)

If you decide to try it yourself, study k9yc.com/RFI-Ham.pdf  The
techniques described there will help with the trash that's radiated by
the cables, but it won't do anything about what's radiated directly by
the equipment due to poor design.

73, Jim K9YC