[RFI] Yaesu G-800DXA Rotator - RFI mitigation

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Sep 21 16:18:24 EDT 2015

On Mon,9/21/2015 10:21 AM, Brian Moran via RFI wrote:
> Has anyone else used a G-800DXA rotator/control box in a high-rf environment?

I've not seen this issue with the slightly larger G-1000DXA rotators in
my system, although perhaps it's there and I didn't identify it. :)

The first thing I would do to try to mitigate this is to wind 5-6 turns
of the rotator cable through a #31 or #43 toroid at the shack end. It
might also help to do the same up on the tower.

Whatever you do, please share the results here to add to our data. :)

73, Jim K9YC