[RFI] Quiet Switching Power Supply?

WD8ARZ wd8arz at ix.netcom.com
Thu Aug 4 08:59:51 EDT 2016

Any AC switching power supply simply can not be as quiet as a
transformer type power supply. Also AC switching power supplies have
some of their input circuitry across the AC power input any time that
supply is plugged into the wall .... therefore is more subject to
damages from transients and lightening events on the AC power lines
..... even if the equipment connected to it is powered off. Some AC
switching power supplies have RFI emitted that can only be eliminated by
unplugging it from the wall ..... or using a real world mechanical power
switch that actually disconnects the AC input.

Regards and 73 from Bill - WD8ARZ