[RFI] Portable DFing at HF

KD7JYK DM09 kd7jyk at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 12 00:24:05 EDT 2016

:I am trying to locate a new source of RFI in my neighborhood.  I can get a
: decent direction in it from my yagi, but would like to DF it from another
: direction to pinpoint the source.  I don't know if I can DF it at VHF or
: UHF, but the noise is very clear on 20m.  Any ideas about a good portable
: DF antenna for 20m?

I DF up to 950 MHz for two reasons.  One, small directional antennas, two,
they usually aren't needed because as the frequency goes up, the distance
goes down and you can usually narrow a source to a few feet at that
point.  What kind of VHF and UHF equipment do you have that can receive in
AM?

Kurt