[RFI] ebay line filters

Doug Powell dougp01 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 00:31:41 EDT 2016

Line filters are primarily constructed of components that are simple inductors and capacitors. The main difference in the inductors ‎is the core material is a low Q or lossy ferrite at certain frequencies.  It is possible to resonate RF signals to higher levels or setup standing waves. If you happen to have a fairly long cable, it is possible you can identify certain nodes and nulls along its length based of the 1/4 wavelength of the emission. If it is broadband RF however, you may not be able to diagnose this.

Best, Doug