[RFI] LED replacement assemblies for Fluorescents

John K9UWA john at johnjeanantiqueradio.com
Thu Aug 25 22:41:19 EDT 2016

Gary and others
I bought these for 4 foot replacement bulbs. They are pretty quiet RF wise.
They
do have a small board switcher supply in one end of the bulb. After the first
fixture I did removing ballast and rewire it took me about 10 minutes per light
fixture. We have six 2 bulb recessed into the ceiling fixtures in our workshop
and 4 more in the Garage. Plus a 4 bulb fixture in the Kitchen. The RFI from
these is way way less than what it was with the 20 year old fixtures. They get
bit cheaper in the case of 20 bulbs than the individual price per bulb.
https://www.earthled.com/pages/search-results?page_num=1&q=18wt8p-4f-
40k-byp

John k9uwa

> My 3rd Fluorescent in the drop ceiling has bit the bucket and another
> is flickering even though I replaced the tube & the starter. I don't
> want to put replacement Fluorescents back in, I'd rather use LED
> lighting but Home Despot offers no decent pricing and I'm looking for
>
> a fine quality and RFI clean replacements. Seeing as the two overly
> long Fluorescents in the garage need replacing, I'll need to order a
> minimum of eight of LED assemblies.
>
> Any suggestions for a RFI clean and economical replacement? If a
> company is known to be be trustworthy as well, I'd appreciate knowing
>
> who to contact. Otherwise, if only the LED & fixture & I'll google
> for where to find it.
>
> Thanks & 73,
>
> Gary
> KA1J