[RFI] SETI

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Wed Aug 31 18:10:32 EDT 2016

Doing the math: speed of light @~186,000 miles/s *60 = 11,160,000 miles
per minute * 60  = 669,600,000 miles per hour *24 = 16,070,400,000 miles
per day
an AU is 93,000,000 miles then, 400 AU = 37,200,000,000 or a little over
2 light days.

Antennas on two rotating planets.  IF the two antennas lined up exactly,
how long would they be able to hear each other given the optimum
rotation so the facing sides are traveling in the same direction.
Granted, at 60 LY the beam width would be pretty broad.
Time for signal acquisition would be pretty short.

73

Roger (K8RI)