[RFI] computer screen rfi

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Dec 23 03:30:59 EST 2016

Hi Kostas,

Two possibilities. 1) Direct radiation from the computer or the display.
2) Radiation from the cables connected to the computer or the display or
both.

Easy fix for #2 -- see k9yc.com/RFI-Ham.pdf and the applications note on
k9yc.com about killing receive noise.  Multi-turn ferrite chokes on the
cables. No easy fix for #1 -- it's a design defect of the
noise-generating product. You've got to junk one or the other, depending
on which is the culprit.

73, Jim K9YC