[RFI] Tracing wires.

David C. Hallam dhallam at knology.net
Wed Jan 20 07:28:35 EST 2016

I have a ceiling fan in the room that I use as a radio room/office. It
is wired into the overhead lights circuit in the garage which is on the
complete opposite side of the house.  I found this out when my wife
bought a new more powerful microwave oven.  She plugged it into the
garage circuit which has a 15A breaker.  With the garage lights on, the
microwave will trip the breaker.  The ceiling fan stops too.  I pulled a
wire out of the outlet used for the microwave and found 14 ga. so I am
stuck with a 15A breaker.

Part of the house is wired with 12 ga and part with 14 ga.  Cheap a**
builder

David
KW4DH