[RFI] can a tower re-radiate RFI?

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Fri Jan 22 03:15:18 EST 2016

I take it, that this is a broad band noise. Does it cover 160 and all
the way to 80, or just the two bands?  Does it cover the entire band(s)
with the same strength? How about the broadcast band?  Strong station
nearby?  Any noise lower than 160?

An arc, even a low voltage on on a wire, piece of wire (guy for instance
or an antenna), particularly if its anywhere near resonance.
Power pole grounds?

How about a voltage differential in the ground, causing a poor
connection to the tower to radiate.  Poor solder joint with DC or AC to
a remote antenna switch.  In this case it sounds like it may not be an
obvious source.

We have occasional Fox hunts. Could you put together a team to hunt for
the source? (With someone coordinating)?

We've hit the bottom of my well<:-)

73 and good Luck!

Roger (K8RI)