[RFI] Blower noise from Carrier Furnace

Dave Cole dave at nk7z.net
Thu Jan 28 11:14:36 EST 2016

If possible, when you replace your HVAC system, have the company doing
the install write into the contract both you and they sign, that the
new device will not generate RFI, and will be FCC part 15 compliant,
else it goes back, and the old system gets put back in place at no
charge to you.

That forces them to do the homework and call the manufacturer.  This
also puts the RFI issue right out on the table to start with, and
brings up the issue of RFI to the manufacturer.  This also lets the
manufacturer know that RFI is an issue , and can cost them sales.

When I changed furnaces I did this...  I also had no issues with RFI
when the install was finished.  I asked the installers, to please do
their homework and call the vendor to insure there would not be an RFI
issue, prior to install in order to avoid ugly issues later.

All went well, and they installed an RFI kit on a Coleman furnace at
the time of install...  Not a peep from it.

I also elected to avoid the PW controlled fan as well...

All discussion were very nice, and very friendly, but in no uncertain
terms, no RFI would be tolerated, it would be a show-stopper.

--
73's, and thanks,
Dave

For software/hardware reviews see: