[RFI] New RFI source for me...

Michael C Martin mike at rfiservices.com
Sun Jul 24 12:52:10 EDT 2016

FYI to answer a couple questions.
The transformer has a metallic contact that opens when it gets hot (this is to keep it from over-heating to the point of burning). As it gets hot the gap opens and expands. Eventually it's too large for the arc to jump the gap and stops. As it cools the contact snaps shut and starts to heat up again. Once hot, the gap starts to open again and the process repeats. This is typically more active during the hotter times of the day. However that can change depending on where it's mounted. The can be on the inside or outside of a breaker panel, or mounted to the side of the junction box that holds a ceiling light. Sometimes very difficult to find but these devices are a fire hazard when active!
I'm going to be in my garage for the next several hours if I can assist call me.

My diagnosis is based on very little info and only going on the sound, so it is a guess!
Michael C. Martin
RFI Services
PO Box 411
Traceys Landing, MD 20779