[RFI] DC Power supplies

Charlie Gallo Charlie at TheGallos.com
Sat May 14 10:05:48 EDT 2016

On 5/10/2016 Jim Brown wrote:

> On Wed,5/4/2016 2:59 PM, Doug Powell wrote:
>> There is no such thing as a "noise free"‎ switcher, only unaffected equipment.

> As NY9H observed, it also depends on proximity to antennas.
<snip>

As  I  said  when  I pretty much started this thread, I got a bunch of
power  supplies  that  were put in when my kitchen was redone and they
were  noise  bombs  on  40m (my lot is 42x100, and I'm running a D-140
abot 30 ft straigt up from the supplies.  That said, you can hear them
on the Tecsun 660 from a few hundred feet away with the antenna folded
on "local" attenuator setting

I  JUST  got  in  a supply via Amazon - also a 12v 5A supply, that was
advertised  as  UL Listed and EMI Free (right in the description).  It
is  marginally  larger  (about  3/16  longer, and about 1/8th wider and
thicker)

Even  with the Tecsun right NEXT to the unit on local, I can't hear it
on or off!!

The BAD one  is labeled:
Model GHD-1205N60S

and shows UL Listing and CSA, C E, TUV and a bunch of other markings

The NEW one is
http://www.amazon.com/Ledwholesalers-Power-Adapter-Output-3222-12v/dp/B007K511FG?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

For  ME,  it  WORKS, to the point I just ordered another 4, to replace
the other bad one in the kitchen, and do some other lighting
--
73 de KG2V - Charles Gallo
Quality Custom Machine-shop work for the radio amateur (sm)

www.baysidephoto.com
www.thegallos.com