[RFI] MFJ 5008 ultrasonic receiver

Dave Cole dave at nk7z.net
Thu May 19 11:08:02 EDT 2016

On Thu, 2016-05-19 at 08:02 -0700, Bob K6UJ wrote:
>   June QST has a review of the MFJ 5008 ultrasonic receiver.  I am
> thinking about getting one for locating sources of power line noise.
> What do you think of this unit ?

Hello Bob,

I have not used the MFJ unit, so I am unable to comment on it.  I have
used the older version from Xtal set Society, (in my review), and was
happy with it.  The newer Xtal Set Society version has gotten some good
comments, but alas, I have not used it yet...

If you get the MFJ version, I would be most interested in your
comments...

73's, and thanks,
Dave (NK7Z)

For software/hardware reviews see: