[RFI] Broadband RFI...

David Robbins k1ttt at arrl.net
Tue May 31 12:34:03 EDT 2016

The output of any switching supply like that goes down in power as it goes up in frequency... that may be offset by the wires attached to it becoming more efficient antennas so it can be hard to predict.  If it is one of those try going down to 160m and see if it becomes more narrow band.  One of the things I saw was that at the fundamental around 100khz it was 3khz wide, of course every time you double the frequency you also double the bandwidth, so by 160m it was 50khz wide and by 40m it was so wide that it just blanketed the band.  So going lower in frequency may make it easier to detect both because it may be less spread out, but also because the signal may be stronger.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://k1ttt.net:7373