[RFI] Unusual subharmonic RFI

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Nov 11 17:33:37 EST 2016

On Fri,11/11/2016 1:13 PM, Dave Hachadorian wrote:
> I can hear a loud, buzzy, broad signal centered on 7.030, and I can
> also hear its third harmonic on 21.090.

W3LPL has said that "buzzy" distortion products are typically produced
in AC-powered devices like SMPS and even antenna rotators. As I
understand it, this is simple rectification and re-radiation. If you
can't repair the mechanism (like K1TTT described) or replace the
culprit, the next best approach is to choke the wire(s) receiving and
re-radiating the distortion.

73, Jim K9YC