[RFI] Noise from Switcher on 80/160

Don Kirk wd8dsb at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 08:55:24 EDT 2016

As reported by Mike in some new postings we were able to locate the home
generating the RFI back on Oct 15th using my direction finding gear, and
the Home Owner and Mike got together this past Saturday (October 22, 2016)
and they were able to locate the device causing the RFI (incorrect wall
wart feeding a Linksys 20 port switch), and they were able to eliminate the
RFI by using the proper wall wart power supply.

I created a simple website to document this case in more detail, and the
website URL is http://sites.google.com/site/w9rerfi/

The website includes a link to a youtube video that documents a view of the
interference pattern on Mike's panadapter, and a little bit of our
direction finding activity.

Just FYI,
Don Kirk (wd8dsb)