[RFI] K2MO Solar Panel RFI Update

Tony dxdx at optonline.net
Thu Sep 22 15:20:24 EDT 2016

All:

Just a quick update...

My neighbor had a solar panel system installed at his home on August 8th
of this year. Since then, I've been experiencing  RFI across much of the
HF spectrum. I've been in touch with Solar City (the company who
installed the solar panels) and they've been cooperative thus far.

They've asked for a description of the noise and other details such as
the distance between the noise source and my antennas. They've also been
in touch with Tony Brock-Fisher who has had hands-on experience
suppressing RFI with the same Solar Edge system installed at my
neighbors - see his QST article April, 2016.

On September 12, Solar City called to inform me that they've
consolidated my case information and have passed it along to SolarEdge
for review.  So the case is now in the hands of the manufacturer.

I'll post updates as things progress.

Tony -K2MO