[RFI] RFI In My Shack

Dave Cole (NK7Z) dave at nk7z.net
Sat Dec 2 13:20:37 EST 2017

Hi again,

Given the old amp caused issues with your audio, and your new amp causes
issues with your network, we can assume you have some level of Common
Mode, (CM).

My first step would be to buy or build a common mode sniffer.  MFJ makes
one for around $100.00, or you can build one for around 10 bucks:

https://ham.stackexchange.com/questions/1271/how-to-detect-common-mode-currents-or-rf-in-the-shack

If after testing with that you discover lots of CM, then start choking
it on the booth ends of the feed-line.

That may solve both your RFI issues; audio, and Networking.

If that does not solve things report back here with results.  The AC
would be the next thing I would look at...

73s and thanks,
Dave
NK7Z
http://www.nk7z.net