[RFI] ARLB025 FCC Seeks Comments on Technological Advisory Council Recommendations

Joe w7rkn.7 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 21:58:55 EST 2017

Not RFI related, but the same inaction and endorsement by the ARRL.  (And
reason I will no longer support them.)

It seems to me that the ARRL is now being backed by big money.  The bill
winding its way through the halls of our esteemed (sic) leaders, you know,
the one that is supposed to give hams more options on antennas at their
residences and to restrict what HOA's can demand of us?  Well, the ARRL came
out supporting it and several attorneys have dissected it and found that in
fact, the damned bill will take away what few legs we have to stand on, as
it is.

This FCC 'study', backed by the ARRL, is a blatant step in the wrong
direction.

INMNSHO, the ARRL has no interest in us, the amateur, any longer.  Don't get
me started.  The membership fee has gone up and we no longer have a magazine
to put up on the shelf.  Seems to me their cost should have gone down
substantially, yet I saw no reduction in my fees.

Stuff them.  I even told them in a nice, civil, letter, Two months ago!  Not
even the courtesy of an  "up Yours".  Yeah, they care.

My foot...

Joe - W7RKN