[RFI] Which Filter is best?

Dave Cole (NK7Z) dave at nk7z.net
Fri Dec 8 11:45:12 EST 2017

Hello all,

An old grow operation has come back to life this week, and I expect I
will be chatting with the operators in a few weeks.  I am in the data
collection stages now, so I have some time...  I want to make sure it is
a grow operation, and that I can document it if need be.

I will be suggesting the use of a commercial RFI filter set, (such as
the Nanolux RF Reduction Filter Set), to the growers, and perhaps
purchasing that filter set(s) for them as well.

I want to do this only once if possible, so I am looking for input from
folks that have either used commercial filter sets, or tested commercial
filter sets.  Which one did you use, or test, and did it work?  If so
what were the conditions?  What was starting RFI levels, how far did it
suppress them etc.

I have looked over the ARRL page, (http://www.arrl.org/grow-light-rfi),
and Tom's page,
(http://tomthompson.com/radio/GrowLight/GrowLightBallastFilter.html), etc.,

I am now looking for real world experience with commercial filters in
order to give myself the best chance of killing this off ASAP, without
FCC involvement.

I want commercial filters in order to minimize my liability, as opposed
to home brew filters.

--
73s and thanks,
Dave