[RFI] FYI: LED floodlight RFI

dalej dj2001x at comcast.net
Mon Feb 6 06:50:07 EST 2017

Yesterday I purchased a Feit Electric PAR38 Cold Start 120 watt LED floodlight.  It’s supposed to start down to -40 degrees.

This morning I noticed a hash on 20 meters and suspicious of the new light I turned off and sure enough, the new LED floodlight raised the hash level on 20 4 S-units, pointing the antenna away from it decreased the hash level so it must be radiating directly out of the device.  I’ll be returning it today and exchange for one of the plain old filament lights.

73
Dale, K9VUJ