[RFI] A note from Sangean about switching power supplies

Cortland Richmond ka5s at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 9 09:27:43 EST 2017

On 1/7/2017 9:03 AM, Howard Lester wrote:
> I came across this little note in the Cautions section. I didn’t know about the “background” cited, and I do find Sangean very responsible to print this.

Ten Tec back in the analog days warned users to keep transceiver power
supplies away from the rigs, as the radiated magnetic fields would
frequency modulate the PTO's.

I had a Triton II that would slightly change my frequency every time I
drove over rebar or turned a corner. Not a fault of a power supply of
course.

More recently, Elecraft had an optional modification kit to shield PTO
cores from external fields.

Cortland Richmond
KA5S