[RFI] white noise starting at 3780 and up

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Jul 16 13:22:40 EDT 2017

On 7/16/2017 6:52 AM, David Robbins wrote:
> And complaining to AT&T about something that might be their problem and that
> their techs have no idea how to find or fix won't help.

Although I haven't experienced this problem, W0IVJ and W0QE have
documented it quite well. I strongly suspect that it is a simple "Pin
One Problem" in the defective equipment (probably the DSL or cable
modem, but also in the CATV or DSL distro system). If so, it can
probably be suppressed a lot by ferrite chokes on cables connected to
the defective equipment. Chokes should be wound using the guidelines in
my "Choke Cookbook" for the frequencies where the noise is heard. It's
part of k9yc.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

73, Jim K9YC