[RFI] RFI Widespread Issues

Tom Lizak k1tl at cox.net
Sun Jul 16 14:19:23 EDT 2017

Hi folks,

Looks like from all the activity on the RFI Reflector, RFI issues seem to be
ramping up quite a bit, especially with the solar panels being installed
nationwide.

Along with this comes the marijuana grow light syndrome (which I am
experiencing ATM), VDSL (which is also being reported) and many other items
(SMPS, wally-warts, cordless headsets, baby monitors, etc).

The ARRL is probably being inundated with all these RFI issues from amateurs
nationwide and is definitely becoming a severe "noise pollution problem".
The FCC will not be able to handle all this stuff as they are short-handed
and woefully understaffed thanks to several previous administrations
"cutting, the so called, FAT" from our budgets.

This is not going to be like the "global warming" or "climate change" issue
whether you believe it or you don't...this noise pollution is "REAL TIME"
and must be dealt with soon or it will almost be impossible to fix/remedy !

73

Tom/K1TL...