[RFI] Polarization Tests

JW jwin95 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 13 15:54:22 EDT 2017

Interesting experiment and thank you for sharing.

1) I would note that the loop's null would be deeper if a shielded (or choked) pickup loop were used. I could not determine from pictures the exact construction, but have seen responses from unshielded loops before (currents on feedlines become a factor.).

2) I worked out an E-field xmit antenna a few years back and noted response of the ends, with unexpected nulls off the *broadside*.  A very quick backyard test of the pattern here; listen to the audible null at broadside from the test receiver (ignore all the noisy birds): (Also recommend playing at half speed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxxosnZo0i4

When I first constructed this oddity of nature I noticed that the usual noise sources nulled off the *broadside*, instead of off the ends as the usual 1/2 wave dipole characteristically exhibits

de Jim WB5WPA

PS fo = 7 MHz in above test