[RFI] Snap-on Ferrites

Dave Cole dave at nk7z.net
Mon Jun 19 01:18:51 EDT 2017

Snap on Ferrite's have their uses...

Perhaps a better way to look at it might be to think of snap on ferrite
material as a substitute for when a more normal core can not be used.

I have some snap ons that work very well.  Well being defined as the
ability to stop an RFI event.  I use at least two snap ons on every wall
wart, one at the wall wart, and one at the device.  I take up all slack
in the power cable by wrapping half the the excess power cable on each core.

Snap on cores are far less effective than a solid core, however if you
can get enough impedance at the selected frequency, a snap on will
suppress RFI well enough.

73s and thanks,
Dave
NK7Z