[RFI] RFI turn out to be a New Solar Panel installed on Roof of Garage 700 feet away from my QTH

Chuck Gooden Chuck.Gooden at comcast.net
Wed Mar 1 11:33:37 EST 2017

I would not recommend starting with the FCC or the ARRL.

I would gather as much evidence and notes that you can and document the
issue.   the documentation should including the times of day the
interference occurs, DF bearing from yourself and other hams, statements
from other hams that are experiencing the same issue etc.   I would then
contact the home owner to discuss the issue and see if they would be
willing to allow you to work with them to identify the noise source.  Be
cordial, and do not make any threats.  If you do not have the technical
knowledge maybe there is a ham near you that may be willing to assist in
identifying the noise source.

Keep a log of everything you do in an attempt to identify and resolve
the issue.  If the home owner is unwilling to work with you and will not
resolve the issue.  Then contact the ARRL and see if they can provide
any assistance.

The last thing you should do is contact the FCC and file a complaint
along with all of the documentation that you can provide to show the
steps you took to identify and resolve the issue.

73's

Chuck K9LC