[RFI] USB qrm - what to do?

Matthew King - KK4CPS KK4CPS at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 10:27:40 EDT 2017

Pete - I had similar problems until I purchased shielded USB cables with
the small ferrites already molded in. The ones I have are silver and look
braided under a clear insulation. They are noticeably thicker than a
regular cable.

Those these don't LOOK the same as mine, I'd trust the Tripp-Lite brand to
be properly shielded, I do believe.

*https://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Hi-Speed-Ferrite-U023-006/dp/B003MQ29B2
<https://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Hi-Speed-Ferrite-U023-006/dp/B003MQ29B2>*

This is more what mine look like - I don't know that it's necessary to be
able to "see" the shielding or not! *:-)*

*http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-5M-USB2-0-A-Male-to-B-Male-M-M-Extension-Shield-Cable-Blue-for-Printer-Scanner-/321535280583?hash=item4adcff05c7:g:n2oAAOSw~AVYuMEa
<http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-5M-USB2-0-A-Male-to-B-Male-M-M-Extension-Shield-Cable-Blue-for-Printer-Scanner-/321535280583?hash=item4adcff05c7:g:n2oAAOSw~AVYuMEa>*

Anyhow, maybe that'll help ya out.

Be good!